Considering that humans lived for thousands of years without electricity and survived just fine, it is incredible to see how addicted to electricity people have become. Most of us feel lost in a blackout.
But electricity isn’t magic, and it requires a lot of natural resources to make it work. So conserving energy is not only good for your power bills, it will help reduce the carbon emissions that we are releasing into the atmosphere.
There are plenty of easy ways to be responsible with your
power usage and conserve energy in your home.
Here are a few of the things you can do to reduce your home’s power usage:
- Wash your clothes in cold water
- Set computers to automatically switch to ‘sleep’ mode when not in use
- Make better use of natural light
- Watch less television
- Take shorter showers
- Re-insulate your home
- Minimise your air-conditioning use
- Switch appliances off at the wall when they aren’t in use
- Use a lamp instead of a main light when you only need a small amount of light
- Use energy-saving bulbs, like compact fluorescent globes
- Always turn off lights in rooms you aren’t using
- Use an electric kettle to boil water rather than the stove
- Only run the dishwasher when it’s full, and use the economy cycle where possible
- Dry clothes naturally rather than in the dryer where possible
- Dress appropriately for the seasons, rather than immediately turning to air conditioners or heaters
- Insulate your roof
- Set your fridge to 4 or 5 degrees and between your freezer to between -15 and -18 degrees
If you need an Electrician in Sydney call 0468 304 222 today or email email@example.com
Hear what our customers have to say! Read our Google Reviews here.