Electrical Safety Tips are important this holiday season as it is now upon us and amidst the excitement, never forget that electrical safety is imperative for your home this Christmas.
When it comes to turning your house into a Christmas extravaganza and proving to the whole neighbourhood that you are Santa’s little helper, first and foremost ensure that you do not cut costs and be very wary when buying overseas lights from eBay or any other store over the internet.
These lights most likely do not pass the Australian Safety Standards and can be very dangerous to your household.
Here are Prime Choice Electrical Safety tips for putting up Christmas lights and other electrical decorations:
• Check the wires for any signs of damage or wear and tear.
• Checked for damaged sockets, ripped and bare wires or anything that look unsafe.
• Check over the manufactures instructions again.
• Check all globes are fitted properly. DO NOT USE if some are missing.
• Only use lights that have passed the Australian Safety Standards.
If you decide to buy second-hand lights, they need to be checked by a licensed Electrical Contractor to make sure they are safe to use. Safety requirements for Christmas lights have changed in recent years, some second-hand lights may not meet the latest safety requirements.
If you need an Electrician in Sydney call 0468 304 222 today or email email@example.com
Hear what our customers have to say! Read our Google Reviews here.